Why use a password manager?
- Password managers greatly improve your online security by allowing you to create a different password for every individual account you have on the internet. This ensures that if any one password is ever compromised, all your other accounts will remain secure.
- Additionally, password managers allow you to create complex (and thus secure) passwords that humans would find very hard to remember.
- They take the burden of remembering things, which we humans are bad at, off of our shoulders and let the computer handle that.
Popular password managers:
Which password manager should you use?
- I would personally recommend Bitwarden as they are an Open-source company with known good intentions as they have been audited multiple times by third-party sources.
- On top of this they have an extensive free tier with many useful features.